Welcome to SPSU!
Journey Undergraduate Orientation is your chance to begin your transition as a Southern
Polytechnic student. Just as your journey to get to this point has varied, so are
the types of sessions that we offer.
Traditional First-Year Student Sessions, Transfer Student Sessions, On-line Learner Sessions, and Adult Learner Sessions.
Regardless of the on-campus session you choose to attend, all students will receive the following benefits from attending a Journey session:
- Learn more about SPSU and the variety of benefits and amenities we have to offer
- Take the Math Assessment Test (MAT)
- Get your Hornet Card (student ID)
- Meet other incoming students
- Begin making connections with faculty & staff
- Learn about Campus Life
- Begin getting acclimated to campus
- Meet with your academic advisor
- Register for classes early
- Buy books & SPSU swag
- There must be a reservation made to guarantee program admittance.
- The reservation must be received at least one week prior to the Journey Orientation session you have requested, if the date is still available.
- You may pay the reservation fee using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. The fee is nonrefundable unless the reservation is cancelled at least one week in advance. Your fee will be refunded minus a $10 processing charge.
- You will receive a confirmation letter confirming the session/dates you selected and providing additional program reminders.
** Students will have a registration hold placed on their record until the lawful presence verification requirement is satisfied.**
Not sure of your admission status? Check BANNER
CHOOSE YOUR ENROLLMENT TERM:
Spring Semester(starting classes in January)
Summer Semester(starting classes in May)
Fall Semester(starting classes in August)
If you have questions or need assistance, after visiting the link above for the semester
you're enrolling, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These Orientation Sessions are for Undergraduate Students ONLY... If you are a Post-Baccalaureate / Non-Degree seeking student you do NOT need to attend an Orientation Session.
Graduate Students please contact Nikki Palamiotis at 678-915-4276