Verification of Lawful Presence
The Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia (USG), recently created Policy 4.3.4 that requires all students admitted and enrolled in a USG school after July 1st, 2011 to provide proof of lawful presence in the United States of America, or to pay out-of-state tuition.
Please complete a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov or submit one of the documents below to the Office of Undergraduate Admission via email at email@example.com or by bringing it to our office in the Administration Building.
- Current FAFSA.
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008 and valid for more than two years.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current U.S. passport.
- A Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization.
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship.
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by Department of State or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551).
Students will have a registration hold placed on their record until the lawful presence verification requirement is satisfied.