Southern Polytechnic State University

Undergraduate Academic Catalog 2012-2013

Changing Your Student Record

Changing your major

If any student decides to pursue a different program of study than the one originally listed on the admissions application, the student must officially change majors by visiting the registrar's office and completing a change of major form. All changes of major require the approval of the losing and gaining department chairs.

Note that you must have permission to change majors. Changes of major are effective with the next term of attendance following the term of application for the change.

Changing your demographic information

Most demographic information such as address or phone number can be changed by the student using the student information system. To change your name or social security number, you must visit the registrar's office with appropriate documentation.

Note that the official means of communication between the university and students is email and that students are responsible for information sent to their email accounts.