Every year a Homecoming Mr. SPSU, Ms. SPSU, Duke, and Duchess are chosen. These students
will positively represent Southern Polytechnic for one year.
Mr. and Ms. SPSU:
- Only registered student organizations, in good standing with the Office of Student
Life may submit nominations.
- Mr. SPSU must be a junior or senior who is currently enrolled.
- Ms. SPSU must be a junior or senior who is currently enrolled.
- Eligible = 90+ credit hours
- Must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Must not be on disciplinary probation from the time of nomination through Mr. and
Ms. SPSU announcement at the Homecoming Game.
- Must be an enrolled full time student for 2013-2014 school year.
Duke and Duchess:
- Duke can be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior that is currently enrolled.
- Duchess can be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior that is currently enrolled.
- Must have a 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Must not be on disciplinary probation from the time of nomination through Duke and
Duchess announcement at the Homecoming Game.
- Participants in this program will be limited to SPSU male and female students, respectively,
who are currently enrolled at SPSU.
- Graduate students may only use honors, activities, and GPA accrued since beginning
- Candidates must be nominated by an organization that they will be representing throughout
Homecoming. Each organization can nominate a male and a female.
- Each participant must complete the attached application, which is to be turned in
to the Student Life Office, no later than 5PM on Friday, January 11, 2013
- Each candidate must fill out his/her own application. Candidates should carefully
list their activities/hobbies and honors/awards on the application form. These are
to be listed in order of priority of the individual participating. All candidates
must use the application provided. All applications must be filled out neatly in ink
- Candidates can’t campaign near any of the voting tables on voting day.
- Mr. and Ms. SPSU are selected by a combination of votes and an interview process.
- Duke and Duchess are selected by a combination of votes.
Important Dates for Royalty
- January 11, 2013 Deadline for nominations for Homecoming Royalty. Submit form to the
Office of Student Life.
- January 17, 2013 Royalty Meeting. Candidates must attend this mandatory meeting on
January 17, 2013
**Pictures will be taken at this meeting. Please dress accordingly**
- January 28, 2013 Countdown to homecoming Kick Off Event. Mr. and Ms. SPSU finalists
will be announced at this event.
- January 28, 2013 Campaigning begins 11:59pm (internet, print and word of mouth).
- January 29- February 1, 2013 voting for Homecoming nominees. (online)
- January 30,2013 voting day (can’t campaign near any of the voting tables)
- February 1, 2013 Parade. All royalty candidates are required to participate in the
- February 2, 2013 Tailgate. All Homecoming nominees are required to attend Tailgate.
- February 2, 2013 Crowning of Homecoming Mr. and Ms. SPSU. Halftime of the men’s Homecoming
game. Crowning of Homecoming Duke and Duchess will be at halftime of the women’s game.
Voting Important Information
1. The top six finalists from the interview process of Mr. and Ms. SPSU will continue
on to the voting process.
2. Voting will be held on January 30, 2013 at various spots on Campus
3. Voting will also be accessible through our SPSU website January 29-Faburay 1, 2014
4. The voting process will determine the winners, who will be announced at the Women’s
(Duke/Duchess) and Men’s (Mr. and Ms. SPSU) basketball game on Saturday, February
- Homecoming Mr. and Ms. SPSU will receive:
- Crown, Sash, Plaque, Bouquet for Ms. SPSU and Boutonnière for Mr. SPSU
- Homecoming Duke/Duchess will receive:
- Crown for Duchess and Plaque for Duke/Duchess
Mr. and Ms. SPSU must be present at all High School Visitation Days for which the
location and dates will be announced at a later time. Mr. and Ms. SPSU will be asked
to speak at or attend several functions throughout the school year. The functions
include, but are not limited to Open House, Alumni functions, Summer Orientation,
Admissions office programs, serving on Homecoming Committee etc. Mr. and Ms. SPSU
must also attend next year's Homecoming to crown the 2014 Mr. and Ms. SPSU.
Mr. & Ms. SPSU Candidate Entry Form
Duke & Duchess Candidate Entry Form
**NOTE: If Mr. and Ms. SPSU cannot fulfill these obligations, he/she will relinquish his/her title and the first
runner-up will assume his/her duties.