Departmental Door Decorating Information
Event Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 @ 3pm
The departmental door decorating contest is a way for campus departments to participate in Homecoming activities, too. Decorate your campus department’s main entrance, to express Southern Poly Spirit throughout the week.
- Any on-campus department.
- All departments must email Leigh Ann Soublis at email@example.com by Friday, January 25, 2013 by 4pm to be judged.
- Displays should not hinder the flow of traffic into your office.
- Select one door to decorate. You are welcome to also decorate the entryway or vestibule around the door or an adjacent door, but only one normal-sized door (approx. size 3’x7’) will be judged.
- Your display should include your department’s name, but it should not dominate the overall display.
- Be creative – limit spending (no state funds!) to no more than $10. Consider recycling! Please note that you should use scotch tape on doors. No nails, staples, push pins, etc.
- This door is NOT to be used to campaign for Royalty Candidates; if a candidate’s name or picture appears on the door, it will be disqualified.
- No glitter or beads can be used on the door.
- Please obtain permission from your department head or direct supervisor to decorate your office’s door.
- Creativity and originality
- Use of Homecoming theme
- Southern Poly spirit
- Overall appearance
- Use of Recycled Materials