Exercise: Training Routine For YOU! (Beginning TRY)
Steps to be SUCCESSFUL in the TRAINING ROUTINE for YOU program:
- Keep a journal with all your information
- Keep tract of your exercise routine-
Repetitions- How may times you do an exercise (Usually 8-12 reps)
Sets- How many series of reps you do (2-3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Weight- The amount of weight you can lift the allotted number of reps- you want to be tired on your last rep- (if you can do more than your goal rep #, then the weight is not heavy enough).
- Decide on your workout days and stick to them:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Or whatever fits your schedule.
Remember you DO NOT want to workout the same body part with less than 48 hours recovery time.
- Make sure you target each body part equally throughout your training program.
- Increase the weight and reps when you feel that it is getting too easy OR when you notice a “plateau”- that means that you are not making any more gains or losses and your workout has lost it’s spunk!
- When you are lifting any weight that may be heavy, make sure you have a spotter to watch your form and help if you cannot lift the weight properly.
- Keep tract of your progress. They only way to measure success is to see it for yourself.
- If you feel dizzy, lightheaded or nauseous, stop exercise and seek medical attention.
- Ask questions! If you are not sure of an exercise or technique- ask Kellie or use the reference sheets provided.
- Please make sure you are medically cleared to begin exercise. If you have concerns, please speak to Kellie about your health. It is the most important thing to us!