The Intramural Sports Program is open to all University students, staff and faculty according to eligibility guidelines listed below. The basic purpose of the eligibility rules is to provide an equitable program for all participants. The rules have been drawn as a guide to enjoyable participation. Therefore, the "spirit of the rules," are extremely important and if each participant is willing to abide by the rules, the net result will be a better intramural program for all.
1. All students must be currently enrolled at Southern Polytechnic State University and have paid the semester Student Activity Fee.
2. Current varsity, junior varsity, "Red Shirt," scholarship, or transferring student athletes shall be ineligible to participate in the same sport, or related sport, in the intramural program. This athlete is also ineligible to participate in any sport while their sport is in "season". Exception granted if athletic coach allows. A student is ineligible to participate in the same or related sport for the remainder of the academic year if they participated in a varsity sport during that current year (ie. became academically ineligible from one semester to the next, quit team, injury, etc.).
3. Intramural teams are allowed only one ex-varsity athlete that has lettered in that particular sport.
4. Professional athletes can not participate in the same sport, or related sport, in the intramural program.
5. No more than two members of a Sports Club team may play for any intramural team in that sport. A player competing under an assumed name will be barred from intramural competition for the calendar year.
7. Any team using an ineligible player shall forfeit all games in which the ineligible player participates.
8. A participant starting competition in any sport representing a team must retain the same team affiliation until that sport is complete.
9. Playing for more than one team in the same sport will render that player ineligible for both teams and may put the teams in jeopardy of forfeit.
10. Any participant who is ejected from a contest for unsportsmanlike or abusive conduct will be ineligible for that team’s next game and may face further suspension as the situation is reviewed by the Recreational Sports Office. All participants ejected from contests must meet with the Intramural Coordinator before reinstatement.