In order to give you the flexibility you need, the courses at SPSU are offered on-line, hybrid (1/2 in class and 1/2 online), and in class. If they are located away from the Marietta area, you will probably prefer to take all the courses online. All general education requirements are also offered on-line through the university system called E-core.
The primary aim of the BASIT is identical to the Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology, namely to prepare students for progressively more responsible positions in the field of Information Technology, including positions that are supervisory or managerial in nature. More specifically, as you graduate from the program, you will be able to
- apply problem solving skills, core IT concepts, best practices and standards to information technologies;
- identify and evaluate organizational requirements and current and emerging technologies;
- select, design, integrate and administer IT-based solutions into the organizational environment;
- communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking;
- demonstrate an ability to participate effectively in the planning and execution of team projects;
- describe the impact of IT solutions in a global, societal, and ethical context;
- describe the need for lifelong learning and some of the methods for engaging in it.
If you are interested in finding out more about our BAS in IT, please contact the Interim Chair of the Department of Information Technology, Dr Rebecca Rutherfoord, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 678-915-7400 or the program coordinator for the BASIT, Dr Ming Yang by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 678-915-6869. Further information about the program can be found here and at it.spsu.edu