Mission and Vision
The mission of the Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) Department of Information Technology is to provide undergraduate and graduate instruction, to undertake research in computing and information technology, and to serve the community and the profession.
We are dedicated to excellence and leadership in IT education, research and practice. Our commitment is demonstrated by:
- Providing quality education that offers opportunities for lifelong learning at multiple academic and professional levels.
- Expanding our body of knowledge by promoting scholarship, discovery and interdisciplinary collaborative research.
- Promoting and supporting faculty involvement in all aspects of IT research and development.
- Encouraging faculty and students to take leadership roles in the application of information technology to solve real-world problems by the selection, creation, integration and administration of computing technologies.
- Cultivating an inclusive environment that reflects cultural diversity and facilitates achievement of one's potential.
- Increasing awareness, visibility and recognition of the profession of information technology.