While the main advantage of participation in the Honors Program is the intellectual rigor of the curriculum, there are other
advantages as well:
- Eligibility for Honors scholarships or out-of-state tuition waivers as appropriate
- Free printing
- Special orientation programs
- Priority registration: Often cited by Honors students as one of the top benefits!
- Small classes: Another benefit cited by Honors students as important!
- Discussion-based classes
- Honors course designation on student transcripts
- Honors advising
- Honors housing: Honors student housing is provided in Howell Hall for first-year students and in the Honors House for 2nd
- 4th-year students.
- Honors Study Rooms: Two rooms are available to students: D100 in the Honors Office Suite and Room 22R04 in the 2000 Building
of the Courtyard Apartments. Students can access the rooms 24/7.
- Social and extracurricular opportunities
- Student Governance: The Student Honors Council helps to make decisions concerning the Honors Program.
- Recognition upon graduation: in the commencement program, on the diploma and with an honorary symbol as part of the graduation