International Graduate Students
Southern Polytechnic State University is home to 135 Graduate International students. Those students who wish to study at the graduate level under the F-1 visa are required to submit the following:
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Certificate of Immunization
- Program Requirements
Students who are seeking a F-1 Visa:
- Must submit Affidavit of Financial Support
- Availability of funds equivalent to $30,350.00 *US dollars (exclusive of travel expenses)
- All financial statements must be in the student and/or sponsors name and have funds readily available. This document must be in English
ALL Students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency. Applicants for the following countries are exempt from the English Language Proficiency requirement: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Ghana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Sierre Leone, South Africa, Tobago, Trinidad, United Kingdom, United States or Zimbabwe.
Accepted English Proficiency Tests:
Must submit a Course-by-Course with Grade Point Average calculation sent from one of the approved credentialing agencies list below. Evaluation must indicate that the degree earned outside of the U.S. is equivalent to a 4-yr U.S. Bachelor's degree.
Fall semesters June 1st
Spring semesters October 1st
Summer semesters March 1st
F1 students are required to have proof of insurance or purchase student insurance.
*Subject to change