Southern Polytechnic State University

Graduate Academic Catalog 2011-2012

Withdrawals After the Deadline

A request for a grade of "W" (past the deadline date) is properly made on a Petition to the Faculty form, available in the Registrar's Office.

  • The petitions must be completed and signed by the student's instructor(s), instructors' Department Chair(s), and major Department Chair.
  • The petition must be substantiated by evidence sufficient to support the extenuating circumstances claimed.

No student will be allowed to withdraw from a course after the final class day of the term.

Students withdrawing from all classes during the refund period are entitled to a refund of a portion of the fees paid for the course(s). Students should check the Registration Bulletin to determine the date and amount of refund (if any) available. No refunds are made for partial withdrawal.