Admission Procedures and Deadlines
All applications for admission to Southern Polytechnic State University must have all required credentials on file in the Graduate Admissions Office by the application deadline date for the semester in which the applicant plans to enroll.
All international applicants are required to submit all admissions documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions at least three months before the registration date of the semester in which the student plans to enroll.
- All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $20.00 application fee. Checks should be made out to Southern Polytechnic State University.
- Complete both sides of the application, sign and return with application fee, to the Graduate Admissions Office. Southern Polytechnic State University, 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060-2896.
- Request that all colleges and universities that you have attended send an official transcript to the Graduate Admissions Office. Note: If you have attended Southern Polytechnic State University, you need only the transcripts which are not already on file.
- Complete the Certificate of Immunization and return it to the Graduate Admissions Office. Note: If you attended Southern Polytechnic State University, you are not required to complete the Certificate of Immunization.
- Submit three reference forms from former college professors, employers, or other people who are familiar with your abilities. Mail the reference forms to the address listed on the front of the form. Technical and professional communication applicants are required to submit three reference letters instead of reference forms.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit an English Proficiency Test. We accept the TOEFL or IELTS test. scores of a total of 550, 213 computer-based, 79 internet-based to the Graduate Admissions Office. Students who are on F-1 visas will also need to provide a financial affidavit indicating financial security to the Graduate Admissions Office. Graduates of foreign schools of higher education must be able to document that their degree is equivalent of a four year bachelor's degree awarded by an accredited United States college or university. Students who have academic work outside of the United States will also be required to complete and submit to the Graduate Admissions Office an International Educational Summary Sheet. Note: Southern Polytechnic State University reserves the right to require applicants to send their international educational credentials to a professional evaluation service before being considered for admission.
- Submit individual graduate program requirements as indicated.
Upon acceptance and before enrollment, any student with a documented disability or special need must notify the Disability Services Coordinator in the Advising, Tutoring, Testing, and International Center (ATTIC) of any particular accommodations required.