Global Game Jam 2013 - Atlanta Georgia SPSU
Come be a part of one of the largest game design and development events in the United
The 2013 Global Game Jam will be hosted by SPSU from Friday, January 25th through
Sunday January 27th.
As we've done in past years, we'll begin around 5pm on Friday with opening ceremonies,
but if you must arrive later, that's OK. We'll conclude around 5pm on Sunday.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants can come and go as they please; you do not need to stay at the event
for the entire time.
- We encourage all kinds of participants; you don't have to be a college student and
you don't have to be an SPSU student to participate. So invite friends and anyone
you think might be interested in joining us.
- Participants can come with teams already established, but we encourage you to join
a team once you arrive so that you can meet new people. You don't have to have a
team already formed.
- You don't have to have massive coding/programming skills to participate. People of
all skill levels can contribute, and we need designers, programmers, and artists (audio,
2D, environmental, and 3D).
- We'll have a digital and a non-digital game development track. Thus, you can use
the weekend to develop a computer/digital game or a board game if you'd like.
- We hope to award prizes at the conclusion of the event for the best and most innovative
- We will provide some meals and snacks throughout the event; please bring water/drinks
and snacks for yourself to ensure you're well hydrated and have energy.
- We encourage all participants to rest well during the event; some participants attempt
to stay awake the entire time, but this is not advised as you'll be more productive
with some sleep. Couches and chairs (and a quiet, dark room) will be available; you're
welcome to bring pillow/blanket/sleepingbag/etc.
- Registration cost of $25 covers logistics of the weekend. You can pay this via PayPal
through Eventbrite (link below) or in cash at the door - but please register so we
can get an accurate count of attendees.There is an ATM machine nearby if needed when
you arrive on campus.
We encourage you to pre-register for the event so we can get an accurate count for
Visit http://ggj2013ga.eventbrite.com to register. You can pay at the door or online via PayPal; if you choose to pay at
the door, be sure to select this at the Eventbrite site (it's somewhat hidden - so
be on the lookout for the button to 'show more' payment options).
You can also officially register (in addition to the EventBrite that we must have)
on the GGJ site by visiting
But do be sure to use EventBrite since that's what we'll use for the official registration
Come to J202 in the J/Atrium building between 4-5pm on Friday, January 25th to begin
the weekend. Driving directions and a campus map is available at http://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/
SPSU gratefully acknowledges our generous sponsor for the Atlanta SPSU GGJ 2013:
Past Game Jam Weekends
- The 2012 Fall Georgia Game Jam was September 7-9, 2012; SPSU hosted and had ~250 attendees.
- The 2012 Global Game Jam was Jan 27-29, 2012; SCAD Atlanta hosted, and we had ~210
participants, making the Georgia venue the largest in the US and the 3rd largest in
- The Fall 2011 Georgia Game Jam was Sept 23-25 (Fri-Sun); we had over 110 participants
and made 18 games.
- The Global Game Jam 2011 was January 28-30, 2011. SPSU was the state-wide host site
in Georgia, and we had 150+ attendees. We were the 2nd largest site in the US and
the 8th largest site in the world!
- SPSU has also hosted fall and global game jams since 2009.