Welcome to Financial Aid
March 1st is the priority deadline for the 2014-2015 FAFSA. Do your taxes first then complete your FAFSA or renewal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
SPSU's Title IV School Code required when completing the FAFSA is: 001570
A college education is the best investment you can make, and the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is dedicated to helping you obtain the financial aid necessary to pay for a college education at Southern Polytechnic State University. Please use these web pages and our office as a resource to financing your education.
The official means of communication at SPSU is e-mail and every admitted student is issued an email account. We will use your SPSU email to notify you of updates to your financial aid accounts. Please set your email up and start using it.
All of your information as a student is stored in banner web. This is your tool to keep track of what is going on in your student, academic and financial accounts. You can use Banner web to:
View financial aid awards
Accept financial aid awards
View and change personal information like phone and address
View documents needed by the financial aid office
Familiarize yourself with SPSU email and Banner Web today !
STEPS TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov For additional information on aid see www.studentaid.ed.gov or call 800.4FEDAID
- High School potential HOPE Scholars must complete the FAFSA. Eligible high school grade point averages will be downloaded from GA student Finance. In addition to the FAFSA, transfer and currently enrolled students who believe they are HOPE eligible must also put in writing that they are requesting a HOPE evaluation and email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Males must be registered with Selective Service at www.sss.gov
- Make sure you have applied for admission to SPSU at /admission/. Aid will not be processed until you are accepted for admission
All correspondence from the Financial Aid Office to the applicant will be via the
applicant’s SPSU email address. Once aid is awarded it will be posted on SPSU’s Banner
Web accessible from http://banweb.spsu.edu/