Withdrawing A Class
Withdrawing from a class in order to receive a "W" can only occur following the Drop/Add
period and before a specific date each semester (eCore Midpoint, which is usually
different from SPSU Midpoint). Please see the eCore Academic Calendar for correct Withdrawal dates at Southern Poly. During that period you may withdraw
without receiving a "WF," however, you will still be monetarily responsible for the
cost of that class unless you have completely withdrawn from school, and then it will
- Click here to begin the withdrawal process for SPSU eCore.
- You will find the official SPSU withdrawal policy. If you still wish to withdraw,
then click the link "Yes, I understand and wish to withdraw."
- The eCore Withdrawal Form will appear. YOU MUST complete this form and submit it.
The eCore Withdrawal Form is different than the SPSU withdrawal form. No other withdrawal
method will be accepted. Emails and phone calls will not be accepted as official withdrawal
methods from eCore.
- You will be withdrawn from your eCore class in Banner once Extended University and
the Registrar's Office receive that official notice. This could take a couple of days.
You will then lose access to your class. The effective date will be the day you fill
out the eCore Withdrawal Form, regardless of when your class is withdrawn from Banner.
- Check your Banner account to make sure the withdrawal has been completed.
- If there are any unresolved issues, you will be contacted either by Extended University,
the Registrar’s Office, or the Business Office.
Withdrawing after the Midpoint
Students withdrawing after the withdrawal deadline date (eCore Midpoint) receive a
grade of "WF" for the course, except in cases of hardship or extenuating circumstances
as approved by the faculty. You will still need to fill out the online eCore Withdrawal Form.