Teaching Excellence Program
Teaching Fellow for Teaching Excellence
The 2013-2014 Teaching Fellow for Teaching Excellence is tasked with designing and implementing programs and activities to assist faculty in improving their teaching. The Teaching Excellence Fellow is responsible for:
- Evaluation of the 2013 mid-term survey process and revising the program as indicated from the evaluations,
- Developing and implementing a system to identify, promote, and recognize teaching excellence at SPSU,
- Researching and reporting on best practices in teaching excellence, and
- Developing and coordinating a program to provide consultation to individual faculty on improving teaching
The following is a repository of best practices gathered from some of the leading schools of thought on teaching excellence. Visit us in the SPSU Center for Teaching Excellence for more information on any of the topics below.
Principles of Teaching Excellence
In the Classroom
Assessing Student Learning
Assessing Teaching Effectiveness
The Teaching Partners program is designed to provide an opportunity for peer observation and discussion for formative feedback completely separate from the faculty evaluation process. Participants commit to three things over the course of the semester:
- Meet with their partner to discuss their teaching concerns
- Observe their partner's teaching and be observed by their partner (either in person or online)
- Meet again with their partner to discuss their observations
The program is open to anyone teaching at least one course at SPSU during the term, either face-to-face or online.
If you wish to participate in teaching Partners during the Fall 2013 semester, contact Jennifer Vandenbussche at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 13
Coordinator: Jennifer Vandenbussche