- Be a minimum of 16 years old and currently enrolled in high school.
- Have a high school academic GPA of at least 3.0 in courses used to satisfy the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) requirements (excludes electives and weighted grades).
- Be Juniors or Seniors on track to complete a college-prep diploma in high school with proper accreditation recognized by the University System of Georgia.
- Be current on immunizations.
- Have a letter of permission from parents.
Minimum Test Scores
To receive dual credit, have minimum test scores as follows for the
SAT OR ACT:
- Getting a head start on college
- Saving time
- Saving money
- Gaining college experience
- SPSU Library Usage
- Having access to university computer labs
- Enjoying a small faculty-to-student ratio
Apply by bringing or sending your application to the Admissions Office or online.
Office of AdmissionsSouthern Polytechnic State University 1100 South Marietta Parkway Marietta, GA 30060
- Complete an SPSU application. Be sure to sign and date and check the block for Joint/Dual Enrollment.
- Pay non-refundable $20.00 processing fee.
- Provide official copy of SAT or ACT score report (Student score reports are not accepted. Scores posted to the high school transcripts are acceptable.)
- Provide written permission from parents
- Provide certificate of immunization to the admissions office (certificate must include month, day, year of two measles, mumps, rubella shots given after the applicant’s first birthday) signed by a physician.
- If born or educated outside the United States, you must present the original documents certifying U.S. citizenship or immigration/non-immigrant status (resident, alien card, naturalization certificate, U.S. passport).
The Joint Enrollment program is currently funded by the ACCEL program. Students should
apply for this on the GA411 website after discussions with their high school counselors.
Final grades for SPSU Joint Enrollment Students are recorded as letter grades. To receive college credit, students normally must complete courses with a "C" grade or better.