To find out about the application process click below:
International Students must provide proof of financial stability.
SEVIS (I-901) Fee
The SEVIS (I-901) fee is paid by international students applying for an F-1or J-1 visa. This fee is used to cover costs associated with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). This fee must be paid before your visa interview. A copy of your receipt should be taken to your visa interview. The fee can be paid at fmjfee.com
F-1 Visa: $200
J-1 Visa: $180
If you meet the criteria below you must pay the SEVIS fee:
- Prospective students with “initial attendance” I-20 document, who are applying for an “initial” F-1 visa from outside the U.S.
- Prospective students with “initial attendance” I-20 document, who are applying for a change to F-1 status from another visa category.
- Current F-1 students in the U.S. filing for reinstatement after being out of status more than 5 months, and who are issued an I-20 issued for reinstatement.
- Canadians do have to pay the fee if they fit into the 3 items above. You must pay the fee and bring the receipt to the border with you. Allow at least 3 business days for processing.
- Prospective students with “initial attendance” DS-2019 document, who are applying for an “initial” J-1 visa from outside of the U.S.
For more information on the SEVIS fee, please visit: fmjfee.com. The Coordinator of International Student Services can also answer any questions that you may have.