The mission of the Alternative Energy Innovation Center (AEIC) is to conduct research, engage in educational outreach programs,
and promote good practices in energy conversion, storage, and delivery. The AEIC will continually seek outside funding to
support its activities and will strive to enhance SPSU student degrees by coordinating a degree emphasis on sustainability
across the campus.
To meet this mission, the following steps will be taken:
- Seek a number of grants to support basic research in alternative energy.
- Develop a campus-wide partnership with a variety of departments to offer courses that educate and engage students in topics
related to sustainability.
- Develop a sophisticated web presence for disseminating information concerning sustainability and alternative forms of energy
generation, storage, and delivery. We will push the envelope of interactive educational tools and video exploration.
- Promote tours of our research facilities for K-12 students, SPSU students, and the general public.
- Work with other universities, research agencies, local authorities, industry, and individuals to clearly identify the pressing
needs in Georgia for alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.