School of Engineering Technology and Managment
Academic advising is an important part of your college experience. As an Engineering Technology and Management (ET&M) student, you will receive academic assistance from the Engineering Technology and Management professional advisor as well as from a faculty advisor whose area of study aligns with your major choice.
The ET&M professional advisor provides guidance and academic assistance to current and potential Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) students. The ET&M advisor can assist you with:
- Developing an educational plan for your major program
- Understanding the Core curriculum
- Selecting appropriate courses
- Transfer Credit and Transcript Review
- Evaluating your progress toward your major program
- Probation, dismissal/suspension concerns
- Completion of academic related forms
- Identifying university resources
- Understanding the Change of Major process
- Add/drop and withdrawal process
- Understanding major and degree requirements
- Course scheduling
Your faculty advisor will provide you with academic advising, career assistance and mentoring. All ET&M students are assigned a faculty advisor. Some departments have specific requirements for meeting with your faculty advisor. Please visit your department’s website to view their
advising requirements and faculty assignment list (click on the link below).
All ET&M students are required to complete an Educational Plan during their first semester at SPSU. This plan must be completed with your faculty or ET&M professional advisor. Please check with your major department for their policy regarding completing this Plan. Students who are in their junior and senior years will find it more beneficial to develop their Educational Plan with their faculty advisor.
We look forward to assisting and providing you with the tools you need for a successful college journey.
What Degrees Are Advised Under ET&M:
- Apparel Textiles Technology (Fashion Design & Production Development)
- Applied Science in Supply Chain Logistics
- Applied Science in Manufacturing Operations
- Applied Science in Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology-Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Telecommunications Engineering Technology
- Surveying and Mapping