» SPSU Home / Orientation / Frequently Asked Questions


Students with Disabilities

Students are invited to contact the Coordinator of Disability Services prior to attending Journey Orientation to determine what accommodations may be useful and available to them.

Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis and specific documentation of a disability is required. For further information, please call the ATTIC at 678-915-7244.

If a student needs accommodations while at Journey Orientation, please make note of that on the reservation form.

What is this verification of lawful presence requirement?

The Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia (USG), recently created Policy 4.3.4 that requires all students admitted and enrolled in a USG school after July 1st, 2011 to provide proof of lawful presence in the United States of America, or to pay out-of-state tuition.

Please complete a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov or submit one of the documents below to the Office of Undergraduate Admission via email at admiss@spsu.edu, fax to 678-915-7297 or by bringing it to our office in the Administration Building.

  • Current FAFSA
  • A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
  • A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. 
  • A current U.S. passport.
  • A current military ID.
  • A Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
  • A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization.
  • A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship.
  • A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by Department of State or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  • A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551).

Students will have a registration hold placed on their record until the lawful presence verification requirement is satisfied.

How do I get a Time Ticket issued on my Banner account so that I can register for classes?

No incoming student has a time ticket until they have attended one of the various Journey Orientation Sessions.  Time tickets will be issued during on-campus sessions and once online sessions are complete.  Once the time ticket is issued, you will be able to register for classes.

If you can not attend orientation, your time ticket will be issued when Open Registration begins at for the semester. 

What is an immunization hold?

In the State of Georgia, University students must get certain immunizations before they attend college. Your healthcare professional should be able to tell you which immunizations you have already had and which you still need. Complete the immunization form that you were given with your application and turn that in to the Admissions Office. You have a one semester grace period to get that form turned in. You will be able to register your first semester without having it turned in.

When can I talk to an academic advisor?

Part of the schedule at Journey Orientation is academic advising. You will be dismissed from the general assembly of students to go with a professor from your academic department.

If you are an online student, once you have completed the online module, you will be provided the contact information for our academic advisor so that you may speak to them prior to registration.

I am an eCore student. What do I do?

eCore students do not attend Journey Orientation. If you do not have a time ticket and are only planning on taking ecore classes call us and we will issue you a time ticket.

If you are taking one or more classes on campus, you have to attend Journey Orientation.


Contact us if you have further questions regarding orientation or need assistance at journey@spsu.edu

General Info to be inserted here.

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
9 - 5 PM


Facebook Twitter YouTube