Employee Health and Wellness Services
Recreation and Wellness Center (For all employees)
All faculty and staff are eligible to use the University's Recreation and Wellness Center for a nominal fee of $30 per semester. Faculty and staff may elect to use the Wellness Center based on their personal schedules (including before work hours, during their lunch, on evenings and/or weekends, etc).
Any faculty or staff interested in utilizing the Wellness Center may either pay the full fee in the SPSU Business Office (located in Norton Hall) or they may establish a payroll deduction for the fee by following these steps:
Submit a completed Wellness Center Payroll Deduction Authorization Form to the SPSU Human Resources / Payroll Office.
- An HR / Payroll staff member will sign the form as proof of receipt and provide the requesting employee with a copy of the form.
- The employee must take their copy of the form to the Wellness Center along with their SPSU Hornet card and a Wellness Center staff member will endorse the card for use of the facility.
- The employee will then have Wellness Center access for the duration of the specified term.
- The employee must present their endorsed SPSU Hornet card each time they visit the Wellness Center.
- The payroll deduction will be withheld on the employee's next/upcoming payroll(s) in accordance with the employee's indication on the form.
- A new payroll deduction authorization form must be submitted each semester the employee wishes to utilize the Wellness Center.
Staff Wellness Program
The University is excited to provide regular, benefits eligible staff members with
an institutional wellness program designed to encourage and enhance employee participation in
on-campus health and wellness related activities.
Employees may participate in a variety of activities such as:
- Walking / Jogging around the campus
- Weight Training
- Participating in courses offered through the Recreation and Wellness Center
Please note that use of the Wellness Center is not required for participation in the Staff Wellness Program.
Program participation requires supervisor approval. Full details and the participation request form are available below:
For questions or more information, please contact the Human Resources Office at 678/915-7331.